Luxury homes for sale in Orlando Florida are normally defined a little loosely. To those of us in the business of luxury homes normally it is understood they will cost over one million dollars. Also, the builder comes into play as well as the location.
There are many fine builders in the Orlando area and we have contacts within most if not all of them. Many of the best builder’s names will go unrecognized to the average consumer but names like Toll Brothers will always draw attention. Toll Brothers will normally allow very little personalizing within their communities just to protect their reputation in the industry. Other builders of fine luxury homes will want your input as early on as possible but will be more understanding of your more unique taste.
Locations for fine homes abound in the Orlando area. However most seem to be in the southwestern portion. There are a few exceptions north of downtown Orlando but most are around the finer lakes and golf courses of southern Orlando. Many of the lakes southwest of Orlando are spring fed and golf courses like Isleworth, Keene’s Pointe and Bay Hill draw high profile players from all over the nation.
The Tavistock communities of Isleworth and Lake Nona seldom have homes for sale for under one million dollars. Very few of the newer lakefront homes on the Butler Chain of Lakes sell for under 1.5 million. Some homes on the butler chain will cost in the 10’s of millions.
The reasons to purchase a luxury home in Orlando are obvious. The climate, culture and lifestyle that it affords. The question is where and what type of luxury home in Orlando are you after? A previously lived in property or a brand-new home built specifically for you and to your standards. We at Wendy Morris Realty can assist you throughout this process and are very familiar with the luxury homes for sale in Orlando Florida.
Here's a quick list of the Top 10 reasons why so many homebuyers prefer new homes to used houses:
1) Design Your Dream Home Your Way: Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select your own cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets and flooring? While you're at it, you can choose gorgeous bath and kitchen fixtures, lighting and other options that you love. Your new home will reflect your style, not someone else's taste.
2) Choose a Floor Plan and Room Layout that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours. With massive his and hers walk-in closets? Done! Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the pool? It's easy when you build your master suite your way.
3) All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new and under warranty. What's the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
4) Energy and Cost Savings: Today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it's game over, advantage new. Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting, single-pane windows in a used home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season. In fact, a 2016 survey by the National Association of Homebuilders found that 90 percent of respondents listed Energy Star appliances as an essential or desirable feature in their most-wanted list.
5) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today's new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality.
6) Low Maintenance: New cars today are computer-designed and computer-equipped. That's why they perform much more reliably than a car that's 15 or 20 years old. Homes are the same. Today's new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They're also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
7) Community Amenities: Many new homes are built in lavish master-planned communities with resort-style community centers, pools and clubhouses. Many new home communities also feature hiking trails, protected open lands and some of the best new schools and shopping near (or even within) your new home community.
8) Advanced Technology and Design: It's possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today's high-performance windows. It's also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it's very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won't have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
9) Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.
10) That New Home Feel: A used home was someone else's dream, not yours. It reflects their choices and family memories. You may learn to love avocado-green appliances (and you may be willing to scrub stained countertops or grease-encrusted ovens and cooktops) but more and more people prefer that never lived-in feel.
After all, when was the last time you went to a department store and selected used clothes? Or visited a car dealer and paid more for a used car than a new car?
New homes offer the latest designs, style, comfort and quality. They provide a care-free lifestyle so that you can enjoy your home, not work on it. Start shopping now on WendyMorrisRealty.com, the areas largest and most complete new home website. You'll be glad you did.