As the weather warms here in Florida and families spend more time outdoors, The team here at Wendy Morris Realty wants to remind all our clients about the importance of sun protection. Please remember that these are guidelines only. It is important to see your Board Certified Dermatologist who will be best able to customize recommendations to fit your clinical situation and needs.
- Choosing the correct sunscreen: Look for one that provides "broad spectrum" protection (blocking both UVA and UVB rays), water resistance and a minimum SPF of 30. This is so important
- Choosing sunscreen for infants and young Children: Look for the ingredients zinc and/or titanium dioxide.
- When to toss that old tube away: Discard sunscreen that is past its expiration date or is over two years old.
- Use your brain : The best combination for protecting your head is sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Often-neglected areas are the ears, back of the neck, lips and scalp at the part in the hair. COVER UP
- Pick the right shades and not just the ones that look cool: Look for sunglasses that are described as blocking 99% or 100% of UVA and UVB, or as providing UV absorption up to 400 nm.
- Cover up as much as you can : Wear tightly woven darker clothing in the sun, as it reflects more UV rays, and look for fabrics made of nylon or Dacron, which are more protective than cotton.
- Beware reflections if on Boats or by water: Water, sand and even porch decks can reflect and intensify the damaging rays of the sun.
- Check your shadow if on the beach: The sun is strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If your shadow appears to be shorter than you are, seek shade.
- Be a good role model: Teach your children good habits for sun protection. Eighty percent of a person's lifetime sun exposure is acquired before age 18.
- African-Americans and Hispanics need protection too ( Honestly ) : People with naturally darker skin aren't immune to the effects of the sun and can still burn.
- Apply and reapply: Whatever type of sunscreen you prefer (gel, cream or sprays are all good choices), be sure to reapply every two to three hours during times of prolonged exposure.
Happy Beach days and if your looking for a Villa as base from which to enjoy the Floridian climate check out our DISNEY VACATION HOMES
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
| Stellar MLS (updated 2/25/21 10:46 PM)